The Volunteer Corps is a way to support Big Brothers Big Sisters without making a commitment to mentor.
What can I do for Big Brothers Big Sisters?
Volunteer Corps members fill a variety of different needs including:
- advocating for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- serving as a Brand Ambassador at local community events
- using their personal expertise to assist with special projects
- helping in the office with general mailings, and clerical assistance
How to become a volunteer
All members go through an application process similar to being a mentor that includes an in-person interview and background screenings.
We ask for a commitment to help at least 3 times each year for special projects or community events. Volunteers assist Big Brothers Big Sisters staff in tasks that are required to effectively fulfill and advance the mission and vision of the agency through:
- participating in special community events
- recruitment fairs and promotional events
- offers individuals the option to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters without the commitment of the traditional mentoring model.
To learn more about the Volunteer Corp contact our Volunteer Intake Specialist.